Saturday, January 27, 2018

DAY 27-TAKING A BREAK

If you work out 6 out of 7 days a week and most of those days are challenging, it's o.k to rest one day or even two. In fact, you should. Your body needs rest after working out in order to repair and rebuild. It is in this process that you see the changes and results you are working toward. That doesn't necessarily mean, however, that you should spend your rest days on the couch. You could do something entirely different from your normal routine like taking a brisk walk if that's not what you normally would do.  Even doing housework or grocery shopping counts, ugh! Years ago I never took my own or anyone else's advice. Worked out 7 days a week plus taught dance and fitness every day but all I did was cause injury and fatigue. Yesterday, I took my rest day but needed to do some shopping at a few different stores so I simply parked far away at each store so I was getting a short walk in but nothing strenuous. Just moving.  It's just as important to get the proper amount of rest as it is to get the proper amount of exercise.  So remember, give yourself a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment